Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boxes and Bucket Lists

Good Evening!

Let me just tell you about a little something you should look out for...COUPONS and SALES! Although I am a Hobby Lobby girl at heart, I have recently become just as obsessed with Michaels (probably because it is literally a 3 minute drive from my house). Nonetheless, Michaels offers some great sales and coupons that you should check for in the paper on Sundays! Today on my way in to find some stuff for Cam and my "Bucket List" (to be discussed later), I found a tub of decorative boxes 40% off. On top of that, I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase INCLUDING sale items! Although I was not looking for decorative boxes for any particular reason, that is a pretty darn good deal and I assured myself that for that price, I could find a use for the boxes! They were originally $21 total, and I got two for $10 bucks!

I'm thinking these can definitely be used for a wedding, bridal shower, or home vintage look decoration! Either way, I'm thinking it was a good grab :)

The reason for my trip to Michaels, as mentioned above, was to buy supplies for a Bucket List project, inspired by the beautiful Kayla Thompson, and the tin can idea from a fellow blogger! Cam and I spent some time last night talking about some things we wanted to do in the next year (ish) together and I made up a list of about 20 things. These things were considered our Bucket List, and we were ready to create the bucket after the trip to Michaels for the supplies!

I used some scrapbook paper and cut it to fit the size of the container I bought ($2 grab baby!)


I was digging the yellow and purple together, with the neutral grey to separate the two! After cutting out the paper and lining the tin, I wrote all our ideas onto the clothespins (Also $2 at Michaels).

I added some stickers and buttons to the tin to dress it up, and ended up with this...

I then put the clothespins on the top of the bucket..

As Cam and I complete the things on the clothespins, we drop them into the tin can! Our goal is to have all the clothespins in the tin can by this time next year (some of the things are somewhat unachieveable, so we will see how it goes!) Wish us luck!

Until then,

Brittany

PS: I have also just been introduced to the teaching blogging world! I have recently started following some incredible teachers with awesome classroom ideas! I'm still new in the game (since I don't even have a teaching job yet!) so I can take all the ideas I can get and you should too fellow education majors!! :)

1 comment:

  1. The Bucket list looks good Boo now we just need to start on it!

    ReplyDelete